Friday, August 25, 2017

The Birth of Playground Treasures

Tonight is the night I become a real author...okay, I know I said that like months ago. But seriously, tonight is the night my first novel comes out. I've been working on Playground Treasures for almost five years. It started off as a project I did with my students as they worked on their own fiction stories. Then summer started, and I ached to finish Lorelei and Kendall's story. It's been through so many revisions...you wouldn't believe how it looked in the beginning.

This book means so much to me. It accomplished a few things:

-I can do whatever I put my mind to
-Some stories beg to be told
-Anything worth doing is going to be hard
-Friendship is incredibly important

Reflect on friendship this weekend for me. This book is so much about the importance of having special people in your life. Kendall and Lorelei are just one of the many billion friendships that started because two people decided to let down a few walls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your own thoughts about this subject.

My Final Release of the Year!

Love From Left Field