Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Writer Since I can Remember

I can’t remember the first time I wrote a story. I do remember in fifth grade, I was put in the HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills) class because I was not the greatest test taker. And instead of staying in the general classroom, I was pulled into a special classroom to work on…computer skills. I thought it was pretty cool. We played Carmen Sandiego, Oregon Trail, and we made up stories. If I get enough requests, I will even scan them in and show you what an awesome writer I was in fifth grade. It gave me a thrill of excitement anyway, and that’s what writing is all about.
Now I teach at an amazing school, shaping the minds of fifth graders as they learn the boring types of writing that will help them pass the state test. Oh, geez. I hope I’m doing more than that, but that’s how it feels like sometimes.
And whenever I can find time, I write for myself. I journal, record nostalgic experiences, and write stories I wished exist. Welcome to the inner workings of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your own thoughts about this subject.

My Final Release of the Year!

Love From Left Field