Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Writing is Expensive...

WRITING IS EASIER WHEN YOU HAVE MONEY…

The Love Of Money
Okay, that is not entirely true, but when the time comes that you have to pay for someone to edit your crazy ramblings, money makes all the difference in the world. You could go with a high-end editor who you trust will catch everything, or you could go with a low-end editor who you pray will catch just enough of your mistakes that your writing is not distracting to the reader.
Recently, our family has been hit by several financial responsibilities and to add to that burden, I have chosen to stay at home with the boys, eliminating our second income. If only writing paid as much and I could continue not to worry. But ah, some things must take a backseat. And so my writing must take its turn as well. I have decided to continue publishing my MG manuscript in July, but without the aid of any paid editors at this time. So basically, it will not be perfect. But I am okay with that. I never got in this business because I wanted to make money. I am a good enough writer to catch most mistakes most normal non-writer readers would notice, and so I must press on with what I have.
And oddly, I am peace with that decision. The great thing about self-publishing is that if errors are found, they can be fixed easily enough. As far as making a mark on the world although, I feel this book will not be the one, which is sad because it is amazing and full of sentimental moments that kids do not get enough of in entertaining, everyday writings of middle-grade authors.
I hope that my small base of fans will still support me and I will earn just enough to keep writing. ðŸ™‚ That’s the goal. Feed my need. Writing has become much more important since I have made the decision to stay at home. It will be my only outlet, and it will be much more personal when that writing is rejected by others. It will also push me that much more to do better and to become better.
Cheers to making the right decision, even when the world tells you it is ridiculous and hard. Cheers to writing and the brave world of self-discovery that it is.
Cheers! ðŸ™‚
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your own thoughts about this subject.

My Final Release of the Year!

Love From Left Field